TV Bed Store eCommerce Case Study
The TV Bed Store is a family run business from Manchester. They had a successful sales channel via their eBay shop. They also had a great looking website and had invested heavily in photography and high-quality product descriptions. The challenge was to sell more via the website and less through the eBay channel, thereby reducing the cost of sale and increasing margins.
TVbedstore.co.uk had been live since 2012 and the latest iteration of the site was launched in 2016. As such the domain had age and authority and the site ranked in organic SERPS for many terms on page two of Google.
SearchUp set to work optimising the home and category pages first of all. Onsite category descriptions were also re-written, as were all the Meta Tags. We then experimented with ‘branded’ PPC campaigns with minimal investment. We also focused on producing engaging ‘lifestyle’ copy not specifically related to the product, but the buyer personas of the target market.
- After month one of the project, tvbedstore.co.uk started to appear on page 1 of Google for key terms, without one link being built.
- Comparing May 2018 and May 2019 unique users increased by 405%.
- Between the comparison, periods (May ’18 and May ’19) revenue increased by 750% and unique purchases by 1000%.
- Revenues over the last 12 months have (May 18 to May ’19) increased by 484%.
- The key drivers of revenue are ‘TV Bed’ and ‘TV Beds’ which are now consistently position #1 and #2 in Google’s organic SERPS
I can honestly say we have never been busier. We’re delighted with the results and would wholly recommend SearchUp.